The Science Teacher’s Association of Tasmanian Inc (STAT) is a professional association for Tasmanian science educators from kindergarten to tertiary level. It is a non-profit professional association that exists for the support of science education in all its forms. It is one of the eight-member associations which form The Australian Science Teachers’ Association (ASTA). ASTA membership supports STAT in many of its goals and achievements.
The purpose of the association is to:
- Foster an interest in Science Education
- Provide a forum for discussion and exchange of information
- Promote excellence in science education through regular professional learning opportunities
- Act as an advisory body for pre-tertiary science education
- Publish a regular newsletter
- Promote research into the teaching of science
- Conduct an annual science talent search
- Investigate matters of interest to science educators
This is achieved through the Strategic Plan:
“Promoting scientific literacy through education”
- Represent science educators
- Promote the importance of science education for all Support the work of educators teaching science.
- Promote mutually beneficial science education partnerships
- Influence science education policy
How we work to achieve these goals:
Each of the STAT Activities is managed by a small group of volunteers who are happy to provide further information. Should you require more details then please don’t hesitate to contact us. If you would like to become involved with this dedicated and professional support group of teachers then let us know. Every science educator in the state is most welcome and science needs you.